Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Maid oh Maid

For information, one of the problems that really bugs me is a maid problem. Mylife is not easy, but it'll get worse when I dont have a maid.

you see, I need a maid for taking care my mother. I should pay a nurse, but I dont have enough money to provide a nurse, yet I still have to have someone to cook and clean the house. Therefore, I always look for a maid who can at least shower my mother every morning and accompany her, while she can also cook and clean the house.
I'm not a demanding person, I seldom instruct my maid to do this and that. I used to let them do the prime works, and when they have spare time, I told them to clean the window etc.

Even my kids never ask anything from the maid. They have their grandpa who always ready for them, so as for the kids, I need the maid just to look after them when theres no one at home. (e.g. my mom's routine Hemodialisis).

Before the era of continuously-changing-maid in the last two years, I have my cousin taking care my mother. Shes the best, maybe because shes still family, she loved my mom very much.
But somehow she has to get marry with a guy that her family chose. :(

After shes gone, I and my sisters started our new "venture", looking for a maid. We have hired not less than 3 maids from maid agencies. The cost for administration were ranging from Rp.750,000 - 900,000. And their salaries not less than Rp.800,000/month, no matter how skilled/unskilled they are.
its like buying cat in the bag, its only your luck when you find the good one, and its your bad luck when you get not only bad, but also a thief-maid.

yes, a thief in the form of maid. I lost my earrings, money, and God knows what else she'd taken.

because of this kind of maid, I kind of trauma of hiring a new one. So I try to take care everything as much as I could. It's been a mess, off course. Luckily I have another person to wash and iron the clothes. She also sweeps and mops the floor every morning after done with the laundry.

Sadly, sometimes I dont have time to cook in the morning, so the kids only got eggs, nuggets or noodle for their lunch box. Sometimes I dont even have time to shower my mom, if I need to go work earlier due to a morning meeting or something. Fortunately, my sister who lives nearby can help substitutes me.

However, it's been 7 months now, and things seem to be just fine. My mom seems to be happier and healthier, I dont know why.

And the kids, well, I think the kids are all right. Thx God.

No comments: